School Readiness Waiting List Information
- Apply for the School Readiness Waiting List
- After you apply for the School Readiness waiting list, you will receive a notice informing you of your preliminary eligibility.
- When funding is available you will receive a notice informing you to contact our office within 10 days to schedule an appointment to determine eligibility.
- Only children ages birth to 5 years old are eligible for the waiting list.
- If your child has special needs, please contact our Subsidy Child Care office for additional information.
- To verify your waiting list status or to update your information, please contact our Subsidy Child Care office at 595-0202
- Wait List Status: Applicants have been pulled from the waiting list who have applied through December 2012.
- If you need assistance in selecting a Child Care Provider, please call Child Care Resource and Referral at 211.
Help with Growth and Development
- Florida Diagnostic & Learning Resource Center
- Zero to Three - supports healthy development of children
- Zero to Three - Baby Brain Map
- The Best We Can Be: Parents and Children Growing Together
- Born Learning - www.bornlearning.org
- NAEYC Collection of Resources for Families
Learn about the Weather & Prepare
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- FEMA - become a Disaster Action Kid!
This site teaches you how to be prepared for disasters and prevent disaster damage. You can also learn what causes disasters, play games, and read stories.
- Crystal Wicker, Meteorologist, ABC affiliate, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Hurricane Knowledge
- Chris Kridler's Sky Diary
Sites of Interest to Children
- US Depart. of Homeland Security - Make an Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Florida Division of Emergency Management for Kids
Help For Children
- Apply for School Readiness Funding & VPK pre-registration
- Provider Search - www.myflorida.com/childcare
Locate specific child care arrangements and view provider inspection report information. Or dial 211 for Information and referral.
- Food, Clothing, Shelter - help families find what they need - www.fcfh.info
- Child Care Aware - www.childcareaware.org
- Florida KidCare - www.floridakidcare.org
- Child Abuse Hotline - www.dcf.state.fl.us/abuse - (800) 96-ABUSE